Sunday, April 15, 2012

Just wondering!

   As I sit here pondering when I will go for my visit to Northern New York State, I started thinking of the things I plan to do while I am there.First and formost is to vist my son Robert,my sister Judy, and my closest friends.  Then take a look at all the changes that have been going on up there in the last 2 yrs.I heard that they have added quite a few new  resturantes and other new businesses.

Autum  picture 

Summer picture 
   One of the places I plan to visit is Boldts Castle.  It was built buy George Boldt for his wife.  She died before it was finished so he stopped all work on it. The State of New York has bought it and have been restoring it to what it would have been had Louise lived.I  am putting this link on so any who would like to read about it and take the virtual tour may do  so.  http://www.boldtcastle.com/  It really is a grand place to spend a day. It is located on Hart Island in the St.Lawrence river. Directly across from Alexandria Bay .They have cruises . also if you would rather not do the cruise they have taxi boats to take you to the Island .I can't wait to go there, the last time I visited they hadn't started the renovation, and by the pictures I have seen, they are doing a marvelous job.Oh yes there is much much more to see. Go to the link and check it out for yourself. Thats all for today  as always be blessed and Happy . Jodie



No comments:

Post a Comment