Friday, January 13, 2012

Did I hear someone say snow?

Not down here in the south, up in Northern New York state, where I lived for many years...I heard that they started with an ice storm which turned to snow. Thats not good, means snow covered ice! sure hope everyone who is able does take a snow day and stays home. Also I hope any power outages are fixed quickly. Be sure to check on the elderly as well as people with children. Oh, just everyone check on your neighbors, take care of each other. I been there a few times myself. I was very fortunate to have so any people who cared. In fact the Redwood volunteer Fire dept came to my house every 4 hours with a small generator, so I could use my nebulizer. They were fantastic! I believe they still have a picture of my son Chris.He was helping them take supplies to others outside of town. Everyone helped each other. That was durring an ice storm that knocked the power out for 3 weeks can you belive that?.We were lucky, we had a woodstove and a kerrosine heater. At least stayed warm and could cook food. With it being winter we didn't lose any food because, we just put the food from freezer, out in the mud room, for all who have never heard that expression the back room where you took off your coats and boots where you whipe your feet and hang your coats. (smile) The food stayed frozen. Well we all survived and I have since moved south 20 miles north of the Gulf of Mexico,which is In Alabama. I a happy to not have snow. I wish all my northern friends and family all the best, and hope they are alright. They have our prayers. I will see you all this coming summer when there is no chance of snow. Be warm,happy,and well blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment