Sunday, January 15, 2012

Go Big or Go Home!

I have heard and used above expression a lot. I am one of these people who do not have a gray area. I am obsessed with whatever I am doing or buying.its either one way or the other,as I have said there is no happy medium.when my sister called me last night to, tell me that they have received 10 inches of snow on top of a layer of ice,sure made me think anout the way things usually go with me. all at once or none at all. Now where we live in Alabama, we are just a few miles from the Gulf of Mexico. Durring the spring,summer,and fall it gets hot and I like that, better when it is in the 90's . I haveCOPD when it is hot I breath much better.However,when it is winter, which we do get a small amount of cold weather, this bothers my breathing. There it is either hot or cold not warm, not luke warm! Also I had a kennel of AKC registered German shepherd dogs, 8 females and 1 male. They were even tempered, show quality dogs. My husband got our son a long haired Chihuahua puppy. There you go very small compared to German shepherds. Then later in my life , after I was done with the shepherds, which I never should have quit. I bought a Great dane, he was listed as harlaquin but he had blue merle patches on both eyes and ears and one on the top of his tail. The rest was snow white. He was 6 months old AKC registered. We went to the Reservation in Hogansburg and bought him for 75 dollars. When we looked at him , my husband wanted to leave , the dog was very skinny and tied to the livingroom floor with a 21/2 foot chain. Now I was not about to leave him there. I gave the guy 75 dollars , he signed the paper to me and we were out of there. My husband was shaking his head and said he hoped I knew what I was doing. I sure did, he turned out to be a great family dog, he loved my kids. He slept with my son Jay, infact, every night you would hear either Jay or Thor fall out of the bed. I just laughed because they were alright, it wasn't a bunk bed so it wasn't a big drop. But anyhow, my obsessive self was not limited to my animals. It was with everything. When I go shopping, if there is a good price on an item, I always seem to go overboard and buy an ezcessive amount, this could be anything, it doesn't matter. So I guess I have gone on with this long enough. Be happy and blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment