Monday, January 9, 2012

Knew better!

I did something really stupid 2 days ago. I gave my American Eskimo, Justice to much table scraps and he got very ill. I know better than to give him anything other than maybe a little meat in with his dog food ,and at that not much. It was a very stupid thing that could have been fatal. But for the grace of God...As it was if I hadn't had my kennel years ago I wouldn't have been able to have taken care of him and he would have died. He is fine now, but for a while I was getting ready to rush him to the vet, except it was Sunday and no one is open. He turned it around late Sunday night, when he got up and ate some of the crushed ice and kept it down, then later he tried a little baby rice cereal, that stayed down. I knew he was ok then and I was thanking God, I love my little guy. He saved me from a fire once , he has a natural ability to sence when my blood sugar is not right. he will bark at me until I check it. Then he leaves me alone. He actually is a service dog by nature , he was never trained for it, and I have had him since he was 5 weeks old. He is what they call a Spitz. He is really pretty but he is going to be 7 in August, and he can be very spiteful, and snippy. Not so much with me but with everyone else, He loves Howard and Sparky, But he has his moments with them too. He is my dog he chose me , when I got him there were 4 puppies I got on the floor and he was the one that chose me , he climbed up on my lap and started licking my chin. So I couldn't do anything but take him and we have been together ever since.We have traveled from New York state way up by the Canadian border to Florida then to Alabama where we have lived for 6 years, he and I have gone back to visit, he is a great traveling companion, I can stop at a rest area and take a little nap and not worry, because if anyone comes near my car he is like an alarm,and he has no fear. My next blog will be the continuation of my life, couldn't do it today. Be happy and blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment